Thursday 27 September 2012

EDITING

These images show the transition of my editing process for my work:

Front Cover

 1) This is the starting process for my contents page. As you can see above, I started with two rectangle blocks for my title place, basic black and red to go with my magazine theme. A basic start, but a start no less.

 2) I now have added my title which I specifically chose for its edgy design that should go hand in hand with my modern music style and theme. I have also set a darker shade of red to go with the newly added title. Finally I added another rectangle to add further attractions to the magazine on a later date



3) My first edit was shrinking the size of my title as too make more room for the other features of my front cover. Furthermore I added a soft arrow shape along with the word “Plus” for my when add other attractions on my front page.  




4) As you can see, on this edit I have added an attraction on the top of my front cover for a new album that is soon to be released. The size and font of the text is appropriate and the colour goes hand-in-hand with the black background. At the bottom, you can see that the, ‘plus’ I added in a previous edit is in use as it is now drawing attention to the various band names I discovered.


5) Only a slight edit this time, I added a black and white gradient to the background as I feel it is an improved edit for my front cover. Also I added the price and website address for my magazine below the title.


6) This edit involved adding a barcode at the bottom of my page, above my ‘Plus’ Attraction. Also I added to balls with my more features of my magazine to inform the reader thinking to by it about the other features that may interest them.



7) This next edit involved adding a row of my main magazine features along the left-side of the front cover. This includes articles like ‘top songs of the year’ etc. The colours I have used go excellent with the overall theme of the front cover.



8) For my final edit involved nit-picking and little faults of my editing process like colour shading I didn’t like on my title. Furthermore I added my attraction to my front cover being the person I took photos of from my shoot. I believe the pose of central positioning of him shows off this magazine well and he I flashy enough to draw the attention need for the readers to buy this if they could.
Contents page

 1) Starting on photoshop, I added a gradient to the background, the title of the page, website, date, my magzine logo plus I added two rectangles on the bottom and top of the page along with a red tint in the corner of them.

 2) On this edit I have added to images I took with my camera, then I put their article page number in the corner, these will act as my feature articles for my magazine.

3)  This time was only a small addition, I added titles to each of the sections that I will have on my contents.

4) On my final edit I wrote the text needed for the articles that arn't the main feature. These include things like top charts or new and upcoming artist.

Double page spread
As you can see, I started my editing process for my double page spread on Photoshop. First I selected my chose image for this and edited the shading since it was too dark in the top right hand corner of the screen. I changed the out of place shadow to a neat shade in the back to add to the atmosphere of the image. Also I added two red and black boxes with text on the image, the top left says 'feature article' and the bottom left is the page number.

After making use of photoshop, I moved my work over to Quark to complete my creation by adding the text. The I used on quark suggest that there is something behind this simple story, which will attract the readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment