Thursday 27 September 2012

PUBLICATION PLAN

Magazine Title
To come up with my title for my magazine, I added six names to my questionnaire and ask my target audience which sounds the best. The choices were:
·         Echo
·         The Beat
·         Replay
·         Fresh
·         Edge
·         Voice
The title with the most votes was “Replay”, so that is my chosen title.
Target Audience
To find out my target audience for the magazine, I added some questions to my questionnaire to find out the majority vote for my chosen audience. What I found out from the results is that I will aim for a mixed gender audience with a rock/indie and rock/alternative.
Positioning Statement
My positioning statement, which will make my music magazine stand out in the already overcrowded market, is that it will be endorsed by many bands of the genre I am choosing. These will include bands like “Coldplay, The killers, Muse” and a few more highly known bands.
Regular features
There are a few music magazine features that were favoured on my questionnaire. This includes:
·         Exclusive interviews with famous bands
·         Reviews of various bands and their music
·         Future gigs and concerts
·         The latest news and gossip
·         New and upcoming bands
And a few other articles that is sure to have people picking up every new copy of my magazine all the time.

House style
There will be a few styles and design features that will make my magazine eye catching to the target audience. The colour scheme will include mostly bold colours (e.g. black and red), I will have a variety of fonts to keep my magazine upbeat and trendy. Also I will base my design off already popular magazines to best gain the public’s attention. My first issue will be based off a certain magazine issue:

This issue of Q is very well done in my opinion so this will be the bases of my magazine cover.To conclude I believe I am ready now to move on to planning my to produce my magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment