Thursday 27 September 2012

INITIAL IDEAS AND PLANS

Type of music magazine

There are many types of music magazine genres to choose from but aqt the moment I have a few different ideas for my magazine. The first would be based around British music. The second was a mainstream music magazine, including R&B, dubstep, techno etc. The third would be for alternative/indie music. I might go with alternative/indie because I am more intrested in it.

Target audience

My target audience is to be based around my magazine type. Since it maybe alternative/indie music, my target audience will be people who listen to this type of music most of the time. This will be the a young generation, around 15-30 year olds, but is not limited to age. Most of these will be male but should appeal to both genders as the female population will still make a large section of readers.

Price

To decide my price, I looked at those of other magazines like Q magazine and Kerrang. So I decided to price my magazine at £3.00, so it is fairly priced and reasonably cheap since it is new on the market. If I make it weekly instead I will change it to £2.00 as that is much more reasonable.

Frequency of publication

Some of the more popular music magazines are made weekly, such as kerrang. These magazines tend to not have a specific topic and just cover rock music in general. However since most music magazines are published monthly I am undecided on which to take. My magazine is also based around a specific music genre and therefore there will not be as much to fill it, so I have to consider a monthly issue.

Issue size

The average issue size for a monthly magazine is about 150 pages, however since i am underdecided about my magazine and it is about one genre, my magazine would have less pages. I have may decid to have on average 100 pages per issue.

Regular content

Regular content would include some album reviews and previews of a few upcoming albums. There maybe interviews with each issue and with different artist, bands or member of the music industry. Also readers would be able to send in their letters and opinions plus a competition with each issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment