Tuesday 29 January 2013

4) Who would be the audience for your media product?

For my magazine, I chose to do it for ages 16-21,because of the reason that I am in this age range and the people I asked for my questionnaire were also in this age range. The point of this was so then I could see what they wanted to see in a magazine, plus I would gain a better understanding of what attracts people towards a magazine. Furthermore, trends and fashion are always changing, so to be with students at college encourages me see what people are in to, this will keep the magazine in trend with the current trends of the target audience. Students tend to get ideas from their Favorite celebrities and bands, this largely influences  their fashion sense so some people might create bands because of their idols and the music they listen to.



The fashion celebrities wear plus their hairstyles has a large influence with students which makes them a huge source of inspiration and source for creativity. So this means I have to make sure that the music is up to date so that people are interested in the magazine. 
I chose to do a indie/alternative magazine and I didn't make use of a color scheme of largely bright colors  this is so it appeals to mainly people who would be interest in music by bands other DJ's or singers. I used a color theme of black, red, yellow and white so that it appeals to both genders to keep it open and not make it a one gender specific magazine. I feel this also gave it a more neutrally mature look, plus the style of the fonts allowed more attention to the magazine so a purchase can be made. Also the style allows older teens to be drawn to it rather than appealing towards younger teenagers. My magazine appeals to all ethnicity's and hopefully no one will take any offence if they feel uncomfortable with their ethnicity. 

No comments:

Post a Comment