Tuesday 29 January 2013

5) How did you attract/address your audience ?


I handed out questionnaires in order to get an idea of why people buy certain music magazine and what articles mostly appeal appeals to them when reading a magazine.
The highest answers to my questions, like the best title font, I used in my magazine, for example, the colour scheme that would go best with my magazine style, what cover story to use and what types of articles appeals to them, plus to make sure if people saw it in a shop it would stand out.
When I asked people what they liked to see in a in music magazine article and what they would like to see more of the best responses were a chart of new music, interviews and new and upcoming bands and gigs. So I will make these a regular feature of my music magazine.


From using a colour scheme of Yellow, black, white and red I feel I have left the gender ratio equally fair and hopefully either gender will want to read this music magazine.
For the age range my magazine is for (16-21) I think the main aspect is the cover star and who is on the front of the cover page, I think most people, especially the target audience, will buy this because it will be someone they recognize from something or someone they may find inspiring, so I made sure this was a good picture.
Most people said they would pay around £2-£2.50 for my magazine, this is important because if I were to make the price any higher than this may dissuade people who wouldn't buy it and be put off buying it at all. I think it is important to have a fair and reasonably low price, especially for the age range of 16-21 do not have a lot of disposable income and may only have part time jobs, so they may not want won't to pay for magazines if they will be to unreasonably over priced since their price limit may be something which they can afford.








No comments:

Post a Comment